How to remove password from a PDF file, some PDF files are not required to be viewed by everyone, so passwords are set.
However, from time to time, it may be necessary to remove these passwords and make them accessible to everyone.
In addition, if you are trying to access a PDF frequently and you have to enter a password every time, you can get around this problem by applying the ways to remove password from PDF file.
How to remove password from PDF file
PDF files can be encrypted automatically or on demand. However, PDF files that contain personal information are usually encrypted.
This can be applied to protect the privacy of individuals and organizations, as well as to prevent some files from falling into the bad hands.
That’s why you need to know that all situations are legal when removing password from PDF file. Otherwise, action may be taken against you.
Today, there are many methods that you can use to decrypt PDF files. You can choose the most suitable and start applying right away.
At this point, you should not forget that you also need to know the current PDF password. Otherwise, you will not be able to perform an operation such as hacking a password.
Remove password from PDF with Adobe Acrobat
Today, almost all devices use Adobe Acrobat to view and edit PDF files. If you also have this program and you are viewing your PDF files here, you can decrypt the existing file in three steps. For this, you can review and follow the steps below.
- Open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat.
- Enter your current password and open the file.
- Hover over “Tools” in the list.
- In the tab that will open, find the “Protection” option and click on it.
- Click the Encrypt button in Protection.
- Click Remove Security and enter the current PDF file password.
As a result of the actions, the password for the current PDF file will be removed and the password will not be requested on all other platforms.
You can encrypt again by following the same steps, and you can remove and add the password by doing the same operations on the PDF you want
Remove password from PDF with APowerPDF
If you are using Linux or a similar operating system and your device has APowerPDF viewer and editor, you can remove PDF password completely in just a few steps. It is possible to encrypt again by similar methods later.
- Open the PDF file with APowerPDF.
- Enter the password for the PDF file and open the file.
- Click the “Protect” button on the top menu.
- On the page that will open on the right, click on the “Remove security” option.
- Enter your password again and confirm the action.
As a result of these steps, the current PDF file will be decrypted and you will not need to enter a password again.
If you share the current file with other people, they will not be prompted for a password. Therefore, it is worthwhile to carefully remove the password.
Using PDF Password Removal Sites
There are also independent websites and platforms that you can refer to to remove password from PDF file. By entering any of these platforms, you can upload your PDF file and remove your password.
For example, you can proceed to the PDF password removal page from the SmallPDF website and follow the steps below.
- Proceed to the SmallPDF “Password Removal PDF” page.
- Select the PDF file by clicking the “Choose File” button in the middle of the page.
- After the installation process is complete, mark your acceptance of the liability status.
- Proceed by entering the current password for the PDF file.
- Wait until the file is ready.
If you perform the specified operations, the decrypted PDF file will be ready for download. With a click of a button, you can download the unencrypted PDF file and start using it. However, if you are going to make multiple transfers, you may be asked to pay for the platform.
Other ways to remove PDF password
If you are using a different program to view PDF files on your computer, chances are that you will be able to remove the PDF password with the help of this program. There are also dozens of PDF password removal websites that you can use.
You can get more detailed information and apply it by checking it out online. At this point, do not forget to take into account that your existing files do not fall into the hands of others. Otherwise, you may be liable for personal data theft and sharing.